Mission & Vision Statment
The vision of HIS:
The vision of HIS is that all students will become life-long learners equipped with the skills, knowledge and attitudes to succeed as productive citizens in a local, national and global society.
The mission of HIS:
· To partner with the community.
· To provide an effective educational experience.
· To prepare every student to find success in our society.
School Board Goals:
- Improve student achievement and close the academic achievement gaps
- Provide a safe and nurturing environment
- Provide strong leadership for effective and efficient operations
- Advance academic achievement, through enhanced instructional delivery, gained by professional development
- Strengthen collaboration with stakeholders, and increase parent and community satisfaction
- Provide resources and support to ensure equity and access for all students.
- Redefine “student success” beyond mere performance on standardized tests so the school is known to be a place that maximizes students’ potential.
- Student learning is a lifelong process and the chief priority of the school.
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
- A safe, comfortable, and nurturing environment promotes student learning.
- Clearly defined expectations coupled with a challenging curriculum, which is set at a high, but achievable, level fosters student success.
- Having sufficient time to learn and appropriate support are critical enablers.
- The quality of education depends upon the quality of the teachers in the classroom.
- Relationships of mutual respect enhance teaching and learning
- The appropriate utilization of technology optimizes student achievement
- Desired student outcomes can best be achieved through supportive interaction between school, home, and community.
- Adequate staff, facilities, funds, and resources must be provided in order to maximize individual student achievement
- Faculty must be exposed to ongoing professional development